Thursday, July 10, 2008

Road Trip

This is my longest post ever. I thought of trying to cut out a lot of pictures. But then I decided if people get bored looking at them all, they can just stop looking. I wanted to show many of the fun things we did. We went to Utah for a week and a half. Doug's family had a family reunion in Parowan. Our nephew Preston was baptized while we were there. We had so much fun seeing Doug's family. He has 5 brothers and 2 sisters. All but one brother was able to come. We missed seeing him and his family... Hopefully they'll be able to come next year. We took about 14 hours to drive to Orem. We stayed there for a few days with my grandparents. That way we were able to visit some other family members that live around that part of the state. We had a fun and really busy vacation.
First stop: Orem

Jordan wasn't feeling good on the Monday we were in Utah. He cried unless we were holding and rocking him. But then we went to see Doug's sister Candis and she pulled out this swing. He loved it from the moment we sat him in there. He fell asleep after watching all the kids play for awhile. Candis let us use it for the rest of trip.

Grandma Carlson and Jackson

Grandpa Carlson and Jack

Grandma and Grandpa Carlson

Tooele/Stockton

Grandpa Riding and Jordan

Aunt Kari feeding Jordan

Unlce Mohsen taking Jackson for a ride.

The Scera Pool

The Reunion in Parowan
Three legged race: Xavier and Daisy, Lily and Brooklyn, Lauren and Shayla
Doug during the bubble blowing contest. He had one of the biggest bubbles.
Isaac watching the contest
Swimming
Avery, Mckay, and Daisy
Xavier
Dinosaur tracks and the Gap
Jackson, Jordan, and I didn't come on this adventure. Jack needed a nap and Doug didn't want to take Jordan... I don't know why not though. Who wouldn't want to carry a baby on a little hike? But luckily Doug took some pictures so I could still see what happened.
Some of the family

A dinosaur track

Look how huge that thing is... the people are so tiny at the bottom.

Damon and Hunter up on a tall rock... Doug told them to put their arms up like they just conquered the world and this is what they did.

Some hieroglyphics

Anna and Brooklyn

Damon and a lizard

Jordan back at Deveny's house

Family Pictures Grandma and Grandpa Dance
Dylan, Donna, Shayla, Randy, Toria

Mckay, Deveny, Preston (who just got baptized that day), David, Brooklyn

Hunter, Landon, Jason, Shantel, Lauren

Daisy, Shawnee, Damon, Darrin, Carson, Whitney

Tyler, Avery, Rose

Isaac, Ryan, Anna, Xavier, Candis

Jackson, me, Doug, Jordan

The whole Dance family, minus Doug's brother Brian, his wife Tina, and their three daughters that weren't there.

The grandkids

Randy, Deveny, Jason, Darrin, Tyler, Candis, Doug, Joan, and Blaine

This was supposed to be a funny face picture... but only Doug and Jason ending up doing one.


Whitney holding a sad Jackson. He, along with many of the little kids, was sick of taking pictures by the end...

Finally playing at the park

All Jack wanted to do from the moment he got out of the church was play at the park. We kept saying after the pictures we can go play. But the pictures took way too long in Jack's mind.


Xavier about to got down the slide. Jack poked his head in the picture right as I was taking it. I thought it was pretty funny.

Going Back Home


This is the view when we were leaving Parowan.



At the hotel

We stopped in Boise on the way home since we had a longer drive from Parowan.

On the road again

I don't know if you can see it too well, but there are a bunch of bugs on the window. I was trying to take a picture of the contrasting colors of the big hill and the green grass but instead I got a picture of the dead bugs on our windshield.

Here's the big hill and the green grass without all the bugs. Doug thought it looked cool and wanted me to take a picture of it... Actually he wanted to take a picture of it because he thought his view was better than mine (even though we were sitting next to each other. Maybe he just doesn't like my picture taking skills as much...) But I didn't think it would be very safe for him to take a picture while driving so we settled for me just taking it.


After a long drive and sitting in the car for about 7 and a half hours watching movies during most of it and doing the same thing the day before, this is what Jackson wanted to do when he got home... He's really not addicted to watching tv, at least he wasn't before this trip.

And Finally, two cute videos of Jackson

This one shows how excited Jackson was to get to Boise. He must have really liked it there too because on Tuesday he wanted to go there again.


This one is of Jackson calling grandma on his feet-phone. He's a pretty funny boy. He keeps us laughing.

3 comments:

Dance's said...

Great photos! It was great seeing you guys. Those trips always go too fast. At least for us... Tyler and I need to make it a little more of a vacation and take more time off next time.
I'm glad to see you made it back home safe...

Whitney said...

These pictures are great! It's really fun for me to see my cousins that I never see (and don't even know!). I can't believe how big Darren's Whitney is! I can't even remember the last time that I saw her, but in my head she is still only 5 years old! :) Love it! It was so good to see you guys!

Candis and Ryan said...

Your blog is so fun to read and look at. It is one the kids favorite, too. Jackson is so funny and he keeps us laughing, too. The kids want to watch the videos over and over and over. It was so fun to see you all at the Reunion.